|About Hi-da-da-tse-li[We are All Related]
Please sign in to see more.
[Pronunciation: he dah dah she lee]
Remarks: The above named families and extended family are scattered throughout the United States and on Foreign Soil. They are known to use disguises.
Caution The above named families and their descendants are wanted for additional information regarding their heritage, and ongoing lineage, so the Family Tree can be updated and/or finalized. Should be Considered Armed with Kindness and Dangerously Loving
If you have any information concerning any or all family members containing these surnames, or variations thereof; please contact one of the genealogists or nearest family member who can possibly assist us with our documentation.
Thank you, The Family Genealogists
Our Ancestors have helped us realize the many sacrifices they have made during the darkest times in American History. They have paved the way for us, and now we should always try and remember, that BECAUSE of them, we have been able to accomplish our goals, realize our dreams, and see a brighter future for generations to come. We have been standing on THEIR shoulders, so what better way to honor them than to research their life history. Unfortunately, most of our knowledge usually doesn't go further than what we actually know, and those we are close to.
This research should/will help us to better understand our history, through our ancestors, and their descendants. Now it is up to us, to document who we are, where we lived, and the accomplishments we have made along the way. We are a great family orchard, continually growing and sprouting many branches that keep bearing much fruit. We have inherited a rich and diversified legacy, through the love, guidance and nurturing of our Creator and have remained strong along our journey of life.
The motivation for beginning this family history, came from the desire to locate my Great Grandmother, Mary [Stewart] Eason, her American Indian heritage and investigate her life. The objective changed somewhat when cousin Andrea Johnson and I found each other online through one of the many genealogy sites. She then reconnected me with cousin Howard L. G. Dillard, and between the three  of us, we began searching in earnest for the seven  brothers from Pittsylvania County, Virginia. We've been successful in locating and documenting two  of the brothers; Henry ; Howard's Grandfather, Thomas ; my Great Grandfather, and Lena ; Andrea's Great Grandmother, who is the daughter of Henry. The remaining brothers and families we need to find are: Maurice, George, William, Jack and Willis. It's proving to be a daunting task in finding the brothers. Mary Stewart has been found, along with parents, siblings & grandparents. As many genealogists will attest, one thing leads to another; a new mystery arises and just has to be pursued.
There is a quote: "Genealogy begins as an interest, becomes a hobby, continues as an invocation, takes over as an obsession, and in its last stages, is an incurable disease." ...author unknown
It has definitely become an obsession and an incurable disease for Howard and me, for with each new family member found, the adrenalin starts anew and we keep forging ahead with the hope of finding someone long lost. But to use a phrase from cousin Charity, "We will be humbled by this work of Love."
SOURCES: Contributors who have assisted in this compilation of History & Photos: Howard L. G. Dillard, Bonnie [Berryman] Gilliam, Toni[Cook] Canfield, Victor Watson, Tanya [Smith] Hill, Alfred Johnston, Kelsie Imes, Esther Stewart, Sharon [Curtis] Haithcox, Tj [Jenkins] Bell, Charlotte Slude, Gwen Sanders, Abrilla Robinson, Vivian Johnson, Dennis Williams, Sr. and Vickie [Webb] McCain.
***Recent Photos of the Hemings-Woodson-Moore Family: Courtesy of Connye Moore-Richardson, President & Newsletter Editor of the Woodson Family Association.
This TREE continually remains a work in progress, both in the form of additions and corrections. We would deeply appreciate any suggestions, additions, and requests. You can do this by personally contacting one of the genealogists. We NEED your input Family!!
• Thomas Woodson Family Association
• A Daughter's Declaration
• It's a Family Affair Reunion - Website is down for some reason; even I can't access it. Sorry for the inconvenience!
• Jackson Funeral Residence
• Hi-da-da-tse-li[We are All Related]II
• Dorsey's Family Tree
• Luealfred 'Honey' Bryant McCrary
• The Ormes Society
• The Webb Family Tree/Private
• Ancestors of Anthony D. Smith
• Howard McCrary
• Brooks Family Scrapbook
• Webs by Thomas R. Dudley
• Beverly Gray Coordinator, Southern Region Ohio Underground Railroad Association • Henry Robert Burke Southeastern Ohio Henry Robert Burke Jan 21, 1940 - May 5, 2012 ~ Local Historian Underground Railroad Research and • Henry Robert Burke | 1940-2012: Historian shared knowledge of Civil War era
• Fears Family of Henry County Indiana
• CX Systems Int'l Inc Cynthia Bailey, President
• Skye ~ Sha'Ron Dillard Grice Youngstown, Ohio I am the Daughter of Raymond A & Doris M [Dillard] Grice; Granddaughter of Maurice & Edith [Eason] Dillard; Great Granddaughter of Thomas & Anna [Miles] Dillard; Gr. Gr. Granddaughter of Samuel Ward & Lucy  Dillard.
• Howard L. G. Dillard Hurt, Virginia I am the Son of James & Doris [Gibson] Dillard; Grandson of Henry & Kate [Dabney] Dillard; Great Grandson of Handy Ward & Fanny [Leftwich] Dillard; and Gr. Gr. Grandson of Samuel Ward & Lucy  Dillard.
• Esther P. Stewart I am the Daughter of Frederick William & Jadwiga Harriet [Menczynska] Stewart; Granddaughter of Charles Creasy & Pearllee [Cousins] Stewart; Gr. Granddaughter of
• Gwen S Sanders Selma, Johnston, North Carolina I am the Daughter of Fred R & Anthony B [Kelly] Sanders; Granddaughter of George W & Lizzie A [Allen] Sanders; Gr. Gr. Granddaughter of Larkin & Sylvia [Avery] Sanders.
• Abrilla Robinson Smithfield, Johnston, North Carolina I am the Daughter of Lawrence E & Betty O [Allen] Robinson; Granddaughter of David & Bertha M [Robinson] Royal.
• Connye Moore-Richardson California I am the Daughter of David C & Norma Y [Woodson] Moore; Granddaughter of Harry P & Fannie B [Davis] Woodson, Sr; Gr. Gr. Granddaughter of William & Anna B [Guy] Woodson, Sr.
• Raymond J Abdur-Rashied Pennsylvania I am the Son of Harry Harvey & Elayne [Curtain] Johnson; Grandson of Carroll & Elizabeth Kate [Dillard] Curtain; and Gr. Gr. Grandson of Samuel Ward & Lucy  Dillard.
• Andrea Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org Aurora, Colorado 3/27/61 ~ 8/31/09
REMINDER: The Census are now complete for the year 1940. To update all family members, YOU must provide further information for completion.
Note: For privacy reasons only deceased persons are shown. No information of living persons is disclosed.
Genealogy Tidbits [Courtesy of cousin Victor Watson]
• Digital Library on American Slavery
• Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade
'HISTORY NOT SHARED, IS HISTORY LOST'
Thank You All for your dedication and contributions to unraveling this Saga in OUR History.
May You Walk in Beauty and Know Peace Within, Along Your Many Journeys of Life. De-na-da-go-hv-yu Til We Meet Again [you and I] Gv ge yu i [I Love You], Skye
~ Yi-ga-quu o-sa-ni-yu a-da-nv-to a-da-do-li-gi ni-go-hi-lv-i na-squv u-tlo-ya-s-di ni-hi~ [May the Great Spirit's Blessings Always be with You]
Map Courtesy of Digital-Topo- Maps.com