Sadly Noeleen Sutton passed away unexpectedly but peacefully in her sleep on 9 January 2020.
Now that Tribal Pages becomes the original tree, one of the best things you could honour Noeleen with, is to...
1. ADD PHOTOS - especially as these can be lost over time. We have room for 10,000 and we have just over 1,000! The website is difficult so just send to email@example.com with the name and birthdate and I'll upload.
2. EDIT DETAILS and/or names (ONLY 100% accurate names please - you know how important the tree was to her). Previously we requested names be sent to Noeleen however Tribal Pages will now become the original.
3. EMAIL GRANT ANY STORIES. These will show under the People / Stories section. Don't be shy - share your stories of yourself or family with... family!
4. INVITE OTHER FAMILY - though it helps immensely if they are on the tree first - just tell us where they fit in.
This family tree and research notes is the result of over 40 years of research by Noeleen Sutton.
As a member of NZ Society of Genealogists she was involved with starting the Howick branch and served on committees, been librarian and an indexer for which she gained NZSG merit awards. For over 20 years she was a volunteer indexer at Archives NZ, Auckland. Researching our family tree has taken her on 10 trips to the largest genealogical library in the world, the LDS Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah and the 2nd biggest, Fort Wayne Library in Indiana. She has a readers card for the Library of Congress, Washington. She has also researched in many archives, libraries and repositories throughout England and Scotland.
If you want a PDF version of the tree and notes (2000 pages but easily searchable without having to login), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that the name of this Tree is the surnames of two of Noeleens grandchildren's grandparents.
Other Family History Books of interest ...
- CROSS CURRENTS - 125 years of settler Methodism in Kirikirioa, Hamilton. 1989. By Virginia Graham and Douglas Payne. Indexed : Noah Roper and Anne Cox.
- HISTORIC GOLD TRAILS OF THE COROMANDEL. 1977. By Tony Nolan. Indexed: Noah, Joseph, William and Charles Cox.
- Turtured Tales. 1999. By Barbara Fern (descend of James Hawkins and Elizabeth Savage.) 20th Century Australia fiction.
- THE BRYANTS OF AHARIU. 1989. By Shirley Arabin. Indexed: Goldsbury.
- THAMES GOLD FIELD MINERS GUIDE. 1868 Reprinted 1975. Incl Noah, Joseph, William and Charles Cox.
- SO...YOU THINK YOU ARE A GRANTHAM - Grantham and Wildgoose Family History 1600-2009. By Mark Grantham. Index inc our Granthams.
- THE GRANTHAM LINES Revised 2005/6. By Danny Neilson. Grantham tree and history.
- THE HISTORY OF GEORGE AND JANET PEEBLES. 1994. By Alison Heath. Index incl our Peebles.
- A WOMAN OF GREAT CHARACTER. 1990. By Charlotte MacDonald. Index incl Mary Ann Pettitt.
- IN SEARCH OF THE PERRETTS. 1992. By George Perrett. Index incl our Perretts.
- JUST A BLOODY PIANO PLAYER. 1971. By Henry Shirley. Book incl Wallett, Shirley, Thomas families.
- SPURDLE HERITAGE 1842-1992. By Robyn Spurdle. Book incl; Sutton, Litherland, Wilson, Spurdle families.
- KIWI SCHOOL DAYS - Collection of interviews and reflections 1928-1999. Publ 2014. By Ross Sutton. Sutton chapter.
- THE FAMILY TREE OF WALTER AND CLARA (NEE WALLETT) THOMAS. 2006. By Peggy Magill.
- TREADGOLD TRACERY - A family history of Ruth Tinley. 1992. Book incl. NZ Cox family.
- THE WORLD BOOK OF TUFFS. 1992. By Halberts Family Heritage. Book incl our Tuffs.
- TUFTS KINSMEN - Dedication and variation sof Tufts surnames. 1992. By Herbert Adams.
See also Stories under Stories section in Tribal Pages.
Other articles in magazines and books written by Noeleen Sutton nee Cox...
- EARLY PIONEERS book. The inter-connecting of three colonial families - Suttons, Parrs and Corcorans. Sutton section written with part of Noeleens research.
- FARMERS book. Your store for 100 years. Gordon/Noeleen Cox mentioned Pages 178-179.
- NEW ZEALAND MEMORIES Issue 79 (Aug/Sep 2009 Pgs 36-41). Ponsonbys Bedstead Maker re Wallett and Findlayson.
- PAST FORWARD. Issue 40 July-Nov 2005 Page 33. Re Wigan and The Arras Tunnels.
- PAUANUI - A Vision Achieved. Pages 172-174. Sutton family memories of early Pauanui.
- POINT CHEVALIER MEMORIES 1930's-1950's Pages 153-160. Cox family memories of Point Chev/Walker Road.
- THE FAMILY OF CHARLES AND ELIZABETH SUTTON AND THEIR DESCENDANTS. A record of book launch and family reunion. 2012. Written with part of Noeleens research.
- THE NEW ZEALAND GENEALOGIST Vol 31 No 261 Jan/Feb 2000. Wallett family on front cover.
- THE NEW ZEALAND GENEALOGIST Vol 40 No 318 Jul/Aug 2008. Pages 184-186 John Thomas Wallett's Diary and the start of World War 2.